Sabarmati Riverfront to be extended upto Indira bridge and Ambedkar bridgeAugust 31, 2017
Ahmedabad: A meeting of Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation was held today here. The meeting took decision to extend the River drive roads from Torrent power station to Indira bridge on Western bank and from Dafnala to Indira bridge on the Eastern bank. The total length of roads on both sides will be 11.1 km( 5.2 km on one side and 5.9 km on the other side). A decision was also taken to build a concrete road upto Ambedkar bridge as an extension of River drive road. According to Pravin Patel, Chairman of Standing Committee, an exercise to auction three pieces of land at global level will resume. Patel said the earlier exercise was suspended due to introduction of RERA and GST.Now when clarity has arrived on both the issues, the auction process will resume soon.
Patel said Rs 13 crore ghat will be developed near Indira bridge side of rivefront for which the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd will offer Rs 10 crore grant of which Rs 5 crore ammount has already been released while rest Rs 3 crore sum will be allocated by Riverfront board.
Patel said Dr. Vikram Sarabhai’s family has extended their support to riverfront expansion. Dr. Sarabhai’s statue will be installed at Usmanpura riverfront.
- Want BJP ticket? Give details of your social media handles, followers count, donation to Ram temple and more
- A man converses with and touches a wild crocodile, in Karjan; video goes viral
- Vloggers cover Ahmedabad Kevadiya JanShatabdi train journey experience
- Congress appoints Tamradhwaj Sahu as observer for Gujarat local body elections
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura