Google India signs multi faceted MoU with Gujarat govtSeptember 06, 2017
Gandhinagar: Google India today singed a multi faceted MoU with Gujarat government which among other things will pave the way for large-scale digital and internet literacy specially among the rural woman folk and creating a digital collection of the history, architecture and cultural heritage of the state.
The MoU was singed here in presence of Chetan Krishnaswamy, Director (Public Policy), Google India and Chief Secretary J N Singh. The Principal secretaries of Tourism, Labour-Employment, Higher Education and Science and Technology departments were also present on the occasion.
As per the MoU the giant company in the internet world in cooperation with the state government will make efforts to better aware the rural woman folk about the digital world.
Under the ‘Internet Saathi’ program woman and children would be trained about the day to day use of internet. The ‘Digital Unlocked’ program will provide for training to the small and medium entrepreneurs about use of digital platform to boost their businesses online.The company under the MoU would also provide Google cloud facilities worth up to $20000 for a year to the eligible start ups in the state.
The company will provide info to the youths of the state about the modern mobile and web technology to enhance their skills. It will offer Google Android Fundamental Course and Mobile Development training to the students of Degree/Diploma and MCA courses in the state.
The Youth and Cultural department and Tourism Department in association with the company will also create a digital collection of the historic, Architectural and cultural heritage of Gujarat to aware the world about its resplendent past.
- Naliya records second below 10°C temperature in Gujarat this winter
- Congress is doing what Pakistan does: PM Modi speaking on CAB
- Vice President confers President's Police Colours on Gujarat Police
- Freedom of Speech is a joke, tweets Ahmedabad based actress, held in Rajasthan for her video blog on Motilal Nehru
- BAPS Hindu Mandir foundation work begins in Abu Dhabi
- 14 youths nabbed from liquor party on cricket match ground in Gujarat