President of India to Visit Gujarat TomorrowOctober 01, 2017
New Delhi: The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will visit Gujarat tomorrow (October 2, 2017).
The President will commence his engagements with paying his tributes to Mahatma Gandhi at his birth place, Kirti Mandir, Porbandar. Later, he will attend a function organized by the Government of Gujarat to declare ODF status for Rural Gujarat at Kirti Mandir.
The President will also inaugurate/lay foundation stone various schemes/initiatives such as inauguration of Jetty & other facilities at Jafarabad Fishing Harbour; upgradation of Veraval & Porbandar fishing Harbour; upgradation of Navibandar, Miyani & Salaya Fish Landing Centre; laying the stone for development of Mangrol Phase-III fishing Harbour; announcement for development of Veraval Phase-II, Porbandar Phase-II, Navabandar, Mandhavad & Sutrapada Fishing Harbours and inauguration of Mangrol Rural Water Supply Augmentation Scheme of 45 villages at Mangrol.
- Afghan students living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat; a feature
- Overhead water tank fall slightly differently than as planned during demolition in Ahmedabad
- Art and Music galore at Dhal Ni Pol Festival
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP begins across 145 centers in Gujarat
- Nityanand Ashram case: Father of the two ladies approaches Gujarat High Court, files habeas corpus petition
- Moderate tremor of 4.3 intensity in Kutch district of Gujarat, no damage reported