Valsad and Navsari to get Passport Seva Kendra soon: RPOOctober 05, 2017
Surat: Regional Passport Officer of Surat Anjanikumar Pandey announced two new Passport Seva Kendra(PSKs) at Valsad and Navsari in South Gujarat.
Pandey was speaking at a function organized by Chamber of Commerce in Surat.
He said such PSKs will be opened in next about four-month period.
He said the new PSKs will help for reducing burden on Surat based passport office.
He said last year 1.38 lakh passports were issued in Surat against which this year 1.38 lakh passports are already issued till now(October).
He said passports are issued now on the basis of birth and residence related evidences. If there’s no mistake in application and related documents are fine, passports are issued in two-three days only. Sometime applicants face problems just because of spelling mistakes.
Pandey said children upto five-year age are exempted from bio metric system.
Surat Regional Passport Office at present covers the districts of Surat, Dang, Narmada, Surat city, Tapi and Valsad.
- Congress cadre nabbed for involvement, a day after sleeper hurled at Deputy CM in Karjan
- The Secretaries of State and Defence of USA call on Prime Minister Modi
- Tips to Travel Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Varmora Group to set up two new manufacturing plants; virtual stone laying performed
- Ahmedabad Court exempts Rahul Gandhi from court appearance
- Top Gujarati movie actor Naresh Kanodia passes away
- AMC declares 9 more Micro Containment Zones
- Sleeper hurled at Dy CM Nitin Patel