NCP will field candidates on all 182 seats, will win more seats than what we got during coalition with Congress:Praful PatelNovember 20, 2017
Blaming Congress for the failure of coalition with it for Gujarat assembly polls, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) today said that it would now field candidates on all the 182 seats.
NCP general secretary Praful Patel said that talks were on for coalition however the approach of Congress was not practical.
‘They took unilateral decision and did not even inform us about it before issue of candidates list. It even fielded candidate on our seat (Kutiyana in Porbandar). Though there was anti-BJP environment in Gujarat and we wanted to join hands against the ruling parties but Congress failed us,’ he said.
Patel said that now the party would field candidate on all the seats and win more seats than what the party had got during coalition with Congress in the last election in 2012.
He said that the party was fully prepared for the election to be held in two phased on December 9 and 14.
‘We were in the preparation mode for past one and a half to two years. So contesting all the seats won’t be a problem for us,’ he said.
Notably NCP had won only 2 seats (in 182 member assembly) in the last election.
Congress had issued the first list of its 77 candidates late last night in which it had even fielded candidate on one of the NCP seats.
- AMC announces Drive-through Covid19 vaccination for 45+ at Drive In Cinema in Ahmedabad
- Recovery rate in covid cases further improves to over 78 per cent in Gujarat
- Oxygen generating plants set up by VYO inaugurated in Vadodara
- Shops, offices of those neither vaccinated, nor having covid negative report shut by SMC
- Availability of Covid critical beds increases further in Ahmedabad
- AMC declares more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- Reliance Retail 2nd fastest growing retailer in world
- Dy CM Nitin Patel discharged after 15-day Covid hospitalization