Gujarat based Hester finds mention in Bill Gates speechDecember 09, 2017
Ahmedabad: Microfoft owner Bill Gates in his speech at AP AgTech Summit 2017 in Visakhapatnam last month mentioned Gujarat headquartered company Hester’s name. Mr. Gates referred to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s partnership with Hester in developing a Thermostable Newcastle disease vaccine for the smallholder backyard farmers.
Since 1997, Hester has been manufacturing the conventional Newcastle Disease vaccine, which is required to be stored and transported under a cold chain between 2 to 8 degrees Celsius. Facilitating mass access to the Newcastle Disease Vaccine in rural backyard poultry farms was therefore always a challenge due to the inability to maintain the cold chain up to the end user of the vaccine.
In 2014, Hester developed a Thermostable Newcastle disease vaccine that withstands a temperature up to 40 degrees Celsius for a few days. This vaccine was developed in collaboration with Galvmed, an international NGO having its head office in Edinburgh, Scotland, funded by the Gates Foundation. This Thermostable Newcastle disease vaccine is being considered as an appropriate solution to the problem of last-mile-service delivery for backyard farms in rural area where cold-chain infrastructure is available in a compromised form.
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21
- Gujarat ACB nabs 3 including RTO clerk and Industry department head clerk for taking bribe