Flying even higher daily trading turnover on BSE’s India INX at GIFT city crosses Rs 1,800 crore markDecember 19, 2017
BSE’s India International Exchange, country’s first international exchange situated in the GIFT city near here, today witnessed an all-time high turnover of over Rs. 1,800 crore in daily trading turnover in the ongoing market session.
The exchange which went live in January this year and operates 22 hours every day – opening with the Japanese markets and closing with Chicago markets, had touched the Rs 1000 crore daily transaction mark in the first week of this month and crossed 1700 crore mark recently.
Rs 1800 crore turnover achieved today is the highest daily trading volumes recorded by the exchange since inception, accounting for 90% of the total trading volumes in Gift City. Cumulative turnover on the India INX since inception is approximately 10 billion US dollars.
Speaking about the development, MD & CEO Mr. V. Balasubramaniam said, “India INX has witnessed significant progress in trading volumes, since we commenced operations on January 2017. This reflects the increasing interest in the IFSC amongst the broking fraternity and also the efforts put in to build out the exchange ecosystem. We are positive that this momentum will continue into the New Year as well.”
- Indian Coast Guard recovers 24 packets of Charas from Kadiyari beyt near Jakhau in Gujarat
- Adani to build infrastructure at Hazira for Gogha-Hazira ro ro ferry service
- 8-seat by-polls: Congress appoints incharges and co-incharges for each seat
- Mahila Police Station Incharge Inspector booked for taking Rs. 33 lakh for not booking an accused under PASA
- 10th pass small villager develops ATM for Panipuri in North Gujarat
- AMC declares 26 new micro containment zones, removes 2 existing ones