Gujarat: Independent MLA declares support to BJPDecember 22, 2017
Gandhinagar: An independent MLA in Gujarat has declared his support to the BJP, which has retained power in the state.
Lunawada MLA Ratansinh Rathod wrote to Gujarat Governor O P Kohli declaring his support to the BJP and also came to BJP headquarters here to participate in the meeting of its newly elected MLAs to elect their leader.
“I have declared unconditional support to BJP,” Rathod told reporters here.
“I have given outside support and as of now I have not joined the BJP,” he said in reply to a question.
In his letter to the governor, Rathod has said he extends his unconditional support to the BJP government.
Rathod was a Congress member of Mahisagar district panchyat.
“I had asked for ticket from the Congress party, but they did not gave it so I had to contest as an independent,” Rathod said.
Rathod is one of the two independent MLAs who have won in the recently concluded assembly polls.
The BJP retained power by winning 99 seats in the 182- member Assembly while the Congress bagged 77 seats.
- Video shows Chinese soldiers crying as they allegedly head to Sino-Indian border
- MoU signed with Israel at iCreate Gujarat
- AMC declares 12 more Micro Containment Areas; clears existing 30
- JIO announces JioPostPaid Plus
- Deepan Bhadran moved as SP Jamnagar as nuisance of a local major organized gang rises
- Tata Motors drives out the 3,00,000th Tiago from its Sanand plant
- Viraat arrives off Alang coast after final journey
- Five Bills on the second day of Monsoon Session of Gujarat Assembly today