Environmental hearing held for dredging at Tuna Port in KutchJanuary 10, 2018
Bhuj: Public hearing for environment was held at Tuna for discussion on dredging at Tuna port pertaining to deepen the draft at jetty from existing 15 meter to 18 meter. If draft is deepened to 18 meter, two lakh capacity ships will be able to arrive at this port. At present with 15 meter draft, ships only upto 1 lakh tonne weight are able to use this port.
Villagers from Tuna and surrounding villages discussed environmental impact, employment and other issues during the hearing which was chaired by district collector Remya Mohan and attended by RP Gupta from GPCB, Hiren Shah and Niranjan Engineer from Adani Group and Deputy Collector VV Rabari among others.
Tuna Tekra contianer terminal is joint initiative of Kandla Port and Adani Group under public private partnership model.
Adani Group in its presentation cited GUIDE organisation’s study which claims that capital dredging work at Tuna Port will not do any damage to environment and ecology.
- Names and locations of 6 latest Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad
- List of names and locations of Coronavirus patients in Bhavnagar
- Drones of Fire Brigade to spray disinfectant in cluster areas
- AMC list of names and locations of latest detected Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad
- AMC adopts South Korean strategy of pro-active testing in clusters; 7 vans put on road
- 175 Covid19 cases in Gujarat so far with increase of 29 in a day