ECI recommends to the President disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs in DelhiJanuary 19, 2018
New Delhi:The Election Commission has today recommended to the President the disqualification of 20 of Aam Admi Party(AAP) MLAs in Delhi for holding office of profit.The petition was made to disqualify 21 MLAs, but one resigned a few months back. The MLAs, by occupying the post of parliamentary secretaries between March 13, 2015 and September 8, 2016, held office of profit, and were liable to be disqualified as legislators.The President is bound to go by the recommendation of the Commission. Under the rules, petitions to the President seeking disqualification of lawmakers are referred to the EC.Once the President accepts the opinion, by-elections will have to be held for the 20 Assembly seats.AAP has 65 MLAs in the 70-member Delhi assembly.Post disqualification,it will come down to 45.The 20 MLAs set to be disqualified include, Adarsh Shastri (Dwarka), Alka Lamba (Chandni Chowk), Anil Bajpai (Gandhi Nagar), Avtar Singh (Kalkaji), Kailash Gahlot (Najafgarh) — who is also a minister — Madan Lal (Kasturba Nagar), Manoj Kumar (Kondli), Naresh Yadav (Mehrauli), Nitin Tyagi (Laxmi Nagar), Praveen Kumar (Jangpura).Others are: Rajesh Gupta (Wazirpur), Rajesh Rishi ( Janakpuri), Sanjeev Jha (Burari), Sarita Singh (Rohtas Nagar), Som Dutt (Sadar Bazar), Sharad Kumar (Narela), Shiv Charan Goel (Moti Nagar), Sukhbir Singh (Mundka), Vijendar Garg (Rajinder Nagar) and Jarnail Singh (Tilak Nagar).
- જૂન મહિનામાં વ્યકિતદિઠ ૩.પ૦ કિલો ઘઉં, ૧.પ કિલો ચોખા અને પરિવારદિઠ ૧ કિલો ચણા વિનામૂલ્યે અપાશે
- Gujarat govt forms an expert group of doctors
- Telephone conversation between PM Modi and President of USA Donald Trump
- Gujarat Covid-19 cases update
- As India unlocks, Honda 2Wheelers retailed over 1.15 lac units in May 2020
- Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad city in latest updated figures