GJEPC welcomes reduction of GST rate on diamond and precious stonesJanuary 19, 2018
Surat/Mumbai: GJEPC on behalf of the Gems & Jewellery trade fraternity has welcomed the announcement made by GST Council regarding reduction of GST rate on Diamonds & Precious Stones from 3% to 0.25%.
Pramod Agarwal, Chairman, Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council in a statement said: This move will certainly support the SMEs of the sector and small players including brokers, agents, and traders to function smoothly without blockage of working capital. Looking at the six million plus jobs that this sector accounts for and the 43.2 billion dollar exports out of the country, this cut in GST rate will definitely help the industry to grow further. Given the high price of the products where around 80% – 95% of the content is imported component and more than 90% being exported , this will be a great boost to the Indian Gems and Jewellery industry. Reforms like these will help India to become global leader in Gems and Jewellery.
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja
- PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rashtriya Swachhata Kendra tomorrow