2.10 lakh tourists in Rann Utsav, govt earned Rs 4.60 croreFebruary 23, 2018
Gandhinagar: As many as 2.10 lakh tourists participated in the Rann Utsav in year 2016-17, said the government in reply to a question in the Gujarat Assembly.
Rann Utsav is organized by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd(TCGL) in public private partnership(PPP) mode at Dhordo in white Rann of Kutch ever year in winter.
Tourism Minister Vasava in reply to question said total 2,10,274 tourists visited Rann Utsav in 2016-17. The government earned Rs 286.60 lakh as royalty of tent from private party and Rs 173.72 lakh through entry fee in Rann – in total Rs 460.32 lakh during the Rann Utsav.
Food and craft stalls earned Rs 150 lakh and Rs 698 lakh respectively, the minister further said.
It’s worth noting that Prime Minister Modi had announced demonetization move in the month of November in 2016, impact of which was felt in tourist arrivals in Rann Utsav for that entire season.
- A 900 bed full fledged Covid hospital to come up at GU convention centre in two weeks
- AMC announces 31 new Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad city
- Gujarat adds 6690 Covid cases in a day, 67 deaths
- Drive Through Covid19 RTPCR Test at GMDC ground of Ahmedabad tomorrow: AMC
- 20% beds in designated private Covid hospitals to be filled through 108 ambulance: AMC
- AMC seals laboratory for issuing unauthorized RTPCR reports
- Namo Covid Isolation Centre opened in Surat in presence of CR Patil
- Oxygen requirement up at 600 tonnes against 250 tonnes earlier: Gujarat CM