No need anymore for Centre’s nod to lay gas pipeline in protected forest thanks to PM Modi: VasavaMarch 26, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said that the central government has given power to lay CNG/PNG pipelines in protected forest areas to the State government.
Minister Ganpat Vasava speaking in the assembly said, the son of Gujarat Narendra Modi just in four months after taking charge of the office of the Prime Minister of India gave power to the State to lay gas pipeline in protected forest areas. This power was earlier with the Central government.
Vasava said, in the past the State had made this demand for number of times before the Centre but there was no decision.
He said the Centre has given nod to State to build school, hospital, communication lines, drinking water pipeline/facilities, check post and substation in protected forest area without need of Centre’s permission.
- Names of winners of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2019 announced, 2 of 21 awardees from Gujarat
- Shri Somnath Trust resumes Light and Sound show after monsoon break
- Former PM Shri H.D. Deve Gowda praises the PM for making of Statue of Unity
- IT raids/surveys at various places in Ahmedabad, Large amount of cash, other suspicious details reportedly found
- Nayara Energy inks contract with thyssenkrupp Industrial solutions for setting up petrochemical units in Vadinar of Gujarat
- Vadnagar - Mahesana, Asarva - Himmatnagar DEMU trains launched