Another night in jail for Salman Khan as court reserves its order for tomorrowApril 06, 2018
Jodhpur: After hearing arguments on the suspension of sentence and bail application, a district and sessions court here today reserved its decision on actor Salman Khan’s plea till tomorrow.
The actor was yesterday convicted by the trial court and sentenced to five years in prison in a 1998 blackbuck poaching case, would now be spending another night in Jodhpur Central Jail.
In his arguments, defence counsel Mahesh Bora said that the eyewitness in the case was not reliable.
The magistrate Ravindra Kumar Joshi also sought the record of the case from the lower court.
The actor is alleged to have shot and killed blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur on the night of October 1, 1998 during the shooting of the film “Hum Saath Saath Hain”.
While convicting Salman, the trial court acquitted his Bollywood colleagues Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre and a local, Dushyant Singh, giving them the “benefit of doubt” for the incident in October 1998.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card