ACB raids Gujarat Land Development Corporation office, cash worth over 50 lakh recoveredApril 12, 2018
The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police in a major operation has recovered cash worth over 56 lakhs from Gujarat Land Development Corporation this evening.
Of the amount recovered around 40 lakhs have been recovered from the office of Class 1 officer K C Parmar. The remaining amount was recovered from offices of various other officials.
The ACB has not made any formal arrest in this connection however interrogation of MD K S Detroja, Parmar and others was on.
DySP of ACB D P Chudasama said that the raid was conducted on the complaint that the officials of the corporation were involved in taking 20 to 30 % commission for payment of grant and compensation to farmers and other land-holders.
‘The ACB team under DySP Rupalben N Solanki raided the corporation. The largest chunk of Rs 40 lakh was recovered from Parmar’s office. CCTV footage of the offices, pen drives and computers have been collected from their for further investigation and action would be taken once it was completed. We are interrogating several people including MD Detroja,’ he informed.
Cash counting machine was used to count the recovered currency.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card