ACB raids Gujarat Land Development Corporation office, cash worth over 50 lakh recoveredApril 12, 2018
The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police in a major operation has recovered cash worth over 56 lakhs from Gujarat Land Development Corporation this evening.
Of the amount recovered around 40 lakhs have been recovered from the office of Class 1 officer K C Parmar. The remaining amount was recovered from offices of various other officials.
The ACB has not made any formal arrest in this connection however interrogation of MD K S Detroja, Parmar and others was on.
DySP of ACB D P Chudasama said that the raid was conducted on the complaint that the officials of the corporation were involved in taking 20 to 30 % commission for payment of grant and compensation to farmers and other land-holders.
‘The ACB team under DySP Rupalben N Solanki raided the corporation. The largest chunk of Rs 40 lakh was recovered from Parmar’s office. CCTV footage of the offices, pen drives and computers have been collected from their for further investigation and action would be taken once it was completed. We are interrogating several people including MD Detroja,’ he informed.
Cash counting machine was used to count the recovered currency.
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)
- Twitter Trend #WeWantKarnavati demands for renaming ‘Ahmedabad’ as ‘Karnavati’
- 3rd day of Budget session to witness introduction of non-Govt bills
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat completes vaccination of over 10 lakh persons