10 days remand of Parmar and Vaghela allowed by Gandhingar court in GLDC cash recovery caseApril 17, 2018
A local court here today allowed 10 days remand of Guajrat Land Development Corporation Joint Director K C Parmar and Field Supervisor S M Vaghela to the Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police in connection with the recovery of over 56 lakhs of cash from their offices during a raid on April 12.
An ACB official said that the two GLDC officers were produced before a court which allowed remand till April 27 for further interrogation and investigation of the case.
Notably, MD of the corporation S K Detroja, Assistant Director M K Desai and Company Secretary S V Shah who were also accused in the case lodged in the ACB police station here had gone underground.
It has been revealed prima facie that Parmar, who was in service post retirement and from whose office the maximum amount of 40,52,500 was recovered, used to collect bribe for MD Detroja for the past 2 years. The bribe was collected for grant for various government schemes. Rs 1.28 lakh in cash was recovered from Detroja’s office 5 lakh from Vaghela’s office and 70 thousand from Shah’s office. Rs 9 lakh cash and Jewelry and other items were found his residential locker.
- Shot for TikTok video, two youths arrested for desecrating idol in a temple in Rajkot
- 9 area removed from micro-containment zone list; 15 including Maninagar Swaminarayan Gaadi added by AMC
- Gujarat govt decides to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority and set up Marine Skill Training Centre
- Gujarat witnesses biggest single-day spike in Covid19 cases detected; Surat continues to record highest cases on the second day
- Priyanka Vadra asked to vacate Sarkari bungalow worth 100s of crores, she is using as private citizen since 1997
- Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan Sansthan's religious head PP Swami hospitalized