10 days remand of Parmar and Vaghela allowed by Gandhingar court in GLDC cash recovery caseApril 17, 2018
A local court here today allowed 10 days remand of Guajrat Land Development Corporation Joint Director K C Parmar and Field Supervisor S M Vaghela to the Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police in connection with the recovery of over 56 lakhs of cash from their offices during a raid on April 12.
An ACB official said that the two GLDC officers were produced before a court which allowed remand till April 27 for further interrogation and investigation of the case.
Notably, MD of the corporation S K Detroja, Assistant Director M K Desai and Company Secretary S V Shah who were also accused in the case lodged in the ACB police station here had gone underground.
It has been revealed prima facie that Parmar, who was in service post retirement and from whose office the maximum amount of 40,52,500 was recovered, used to collect bribe for MD Detroja for the past 2 years. The bribe was collected for grant for various government schemes. Rs 1.28 lakh in cash was recovered from Detroja’s office 5 lakh from Vaghela’s office and 70 thousand from Shah’s office. Rs 9 lakh cash and Jewelry and other items were found his residential locker.
- ATS-Coast Guard apprehend 8 Pakistanis on boat with heroin off Gujarat coast
- UP govt airlifts 25,000 vials of Remdesivir from Zydus plant in Gujarat
- AMC declares 26 more Micro Containment Zones in the city
- AMA seeks 100% Oxygen supply to health sector, writes about shortage to CM Rupani
- Daily new cases above 7,000 with 73 deaths, active cases nearly 40,000 in Gujarat
- Remdesivir manufacturing to increase, price to go down: Mandaviya
- BAPS Swaminarayan Mandir Atladara starts a 500 bed COVID Hospital with oxygen facility
- Crime Branch nabs three for alleged black marketing of Remdsivir injections