CID Crime pick up Amreli DSP for questioning in Bitcoin caseApril 23, 2018
Gandhinagar: Though there’s no official confirmation yet, it is learnt that State CID Crime led by senior police officer Ashish Bhatia which is probing into the bitcoin case has picked up the District Superintendent of Police of Amreli. CID Crime may show Patel’s arrest anytime during Monday if required. Arrested SP is being brought to capital Gandhinagar for questioning, it is learnt.
The case is pertaining to kidnapping and extortion of Surat based builder Shailesh Bhatt. Bhatt has alleged that police men kidnapped him and snatched away Rs 12 crore worth of bitcoins under pressure. CID Crime has already arrested Police Inspector of Amreli police Anant Patel and three others.
District Superintendent of Police, Amreli district, Jagdish Patel was asked to appear at CID Crime office to give his statement on Saturday evening. As he didn’t appear before the probe team, he was picked up from his government bungalow in Amreli, it is learnt.
Smelling arrest, Jagdish Patel was reportedly hiding from CID Crime in last few days. It was widely believed that he had taken shelter in farm houses adjoining the Gir jungle.
On very serious complain by builder Shailesh Bhatt, minister of state for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja himself had ordered CID Crime probe into the matter and assigned the task to a very credible, upright and efficient cop Ashish Bhatiya. CBI officer Sunil Nair and former MLA Nalin Kotadiya’s role is also being investigated in this case.
Meanwhile, in related development, CID Crime team raided Nadiad residence of inspector Anant Patel on Sunday and believed to have recovered two mobile phones from there. Amreli police inspector Anant Patel is one of key accused in this case.
The charge of the office of Superintendent of Police of Amreli district has been handed over to DySP BM Desai in absence of Jagdish Patel.
Watch Shailesh Bhatt’s sensational allegations
(courtesy: Sandesh News)
- Watch: Sardar bridge over Sabarmati dresses permanent lighting decoration
- Mamlatdar, middleman nabbed by ACB Gujarat in Rs. 25 lakh bribe case
- 17,581 vaccinated in Gujarat against Covid19 (first dose)
- AIMIM appoints former MLA Sabir Kabliwala as president of party's Gujarat unit
- Large number of BTP cadres join BJP in Chhotu Vasava stronghold Jhagadia
- SRFD Project leases office space to RBI at Riverfront House
- AC River Cruise in Sabarmati operating from Thursday
- Gujarat government announces Horticulture Development Mission; Padtar land of Govt to be leased for cultivation