Bandh in Karmsad, the native town of Sardar Patel demanding national status to it evokes wide responseMay 01, 2018
A bandh was organized today in Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s native place Karamsad in Central Gujarat where a fast unto death under the banner of Sardar Hitrakshak Samiti, demanding the ‘national status’ to it, also continued on the second consecutive day.
Meanwhile one of the over a dozen people sitting on fast near Sardar Patel statue in Karamsad was given medical treatment following deterioration in condition.
Local business community also spontaneously supported the bandh which evoked wide response.
The Committee has demanded that Karmsad must be given national status on the lines of Porbandar which was given the special status more than a decade ago but Karmsad was ignored.
It was demanding special status for the town by including it under the centrally-sponsored Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNRUM). Porbandar was given the same way back in 2008-09.
Notably, Sardar Patel, who was born in Nadiad had spend his childhood in Karamsad and got early education there.
- In a way, I was a king of this area: Alpesh Thakor
- Dog puppies rescued from under the burning car in Surendranagar: video goes viral
- Delegation meets MoS Shipping in Delhi to seek Dahej - Ghogha Ro Ro ferry service back on the track
- Gujarat RTO HSRP fitment for old vehicles; online payment option made available, flow chart of the process
- Rupani on one-day campaign tour to Mumbai, here is schedule of his programmes
- 21-day long Diwali vacation 2019 in Gujarat schools to start on 24 October