GLDC corruption case: Managing Director Detroja finally nabbedMay 01, 2018
The main accused of sensational Gujarat Land Development Corporation (GLDC) bribe case and former MD of the corporation K S Detroja, who was on run for over two weeks, has finally been nabbed.
ACB DySP D P Chudasama today said that Detroja has been nabbed by the crime branch of Ahmedabad police from a place between Vadodara and Ahmedabad. He would be produced in court tomorrow for demand and further interrogation.
Notably ACB had raided the GLDC office here in the evening of April 12 and recovered cash worth over Rs 56 lakhs from there.
It was revealed that 5 officials of the corporation including Detroja were involved in taking bribe.
Two of them Joint Director K C Parmar and Field Supervisor S M Vaghela were already nabbed. Notably, MD of the corporation K S Detroja, Assistant Director M K Desai and Company Secretary S V Shah who were also accused in the case lodged in the ACB police station here on April 14, had gone underground.
Based on a tip off about hiding of Detroja Detroja was nabbed today. He would be handed over to ACB by crime branch.
It has been revealed prima facie that Parmar, who was in service post retirement and from whose office the maximum amount of Rs 40,52,500 was recovered, used to collect bribe for MD Detroja for past 2 years. The bribe was collected for grant for various government schemes. Rs 1.28 lakh in cash was recovered from Detroja’s office 5 lakh from Vaghela’s office and 70 thousand from Shah’s office. Rs 9 lakh cash and Jewelry and other items were found his residential locker.
Shah and Desai are still at large.
- In photos: Amdavad ahead of PM Modi's visit to inaugurate India's first water aerodrome
- ACB Gujarat nabs two senior doctors of Civil hospital in Ahmedabad in bribe case
- AMC declares new Micro Containment Zones at Mainagar, Makarba, Bopal, Gota, Kubernagar, Juhapura
- L&T Construction Awarded Mega Contract to build India’s first High-Speed Rail Corridor
- India INX and ICC gears up to begin trading of Depository Receipts on the exchange
- Pidilite acquires Consumer & Bazaar business of Araldite in Indian Sub-Continent
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel passes away
- First glimpses of how Lothal National Maritime Museum would look like