Rupani asks NAFED, GUJCOMASOL, GUJCOT to clear the godowns in a monthMay 16, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister held a meeting of NAFED, GUJCOMASOL and GUJCOT at his residence in Gandhinagar and asked them to clear the godowns that are occupied with over 9 lakh tonne groundnut within one month.
NAFED chairman Valji Patel, MD SK Chadhdha, GUJCOMASO chairman Dilip Sanghani, GUJCOT chairman Jagdish Patel and senior officials of agriculture department were among those present in this meeting.
Gujarat government owned and other godowns have capacity to store 30 lakh tonne goods. All of these godowns are at present occupied with agricultural produces purchased by government on minimum support price(MSP). Among all agri produces, groundnuts occupy highest space. 35 kg groundnut occupy same space as 100 kg other agri produce which is three-times more. The government had last year purchased 78,000 tonne groundnut while this year purchased and stored 8.37 lakh tonne groundnut.As government owned godowns were not enough to store this stock, the government had to hire private godowns. In addition to groundnut, 2-3 lakh Tuver and Udad stock is also lying in godowns.
Incidents of fire in such godowns create news and give embarrassment to establishment.
The government had directed agencies to either export the stock or convert it to oil or carry out auction procedure. If godowns are not vacated, the government will not be able to carry out MSP purchase of Kharif agri produces.
- Power generation through reversible turbine thanks to Garudeshwar weir
- Bhanushali murder case: Main accused ex-MLA Chhabil Patel files bail petition in Gujarat High Court
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam decorated on tricolor theme on eve of Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav
- PM Narendra Modi arrives on two-day visit to Gujarat
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days