Court frames charges against Rahul Gandhi in criminal defamation case filed by RSS cadreJune 12, 2018
Mumbai: A magistrate court at Bhiwandi in Thane has framed charges against Congress President Rahul Gandhi in connection with a criminal defamation case filed by Rajesh Kunte of RSS. Charges are framed under section IPC 499 and 500.
Earlier in the morning, Rahul arrived at Mumbai Airport. He will be in Maharashtra for two days. The court had on May 2 asked him to appear before it today to record his plea in the defamation case filed by RSS worker Rajesh Kunte in 2014. Kunte had filed the case after watching Rahul Gandhi’s speech at an election rally in which he had claimed that the RSS was behind the killing of Mahatma Gandhi.
- GSRTC hikes discount on tickets booked online
- Through different strategy, two-time finalist, Gujarat Fortune Giants will win PKL title this time: CEO Adesara
- 74 arrested for illegal lion-shows in Gujarat in last 2 years, govt. informs in assembly
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 days remand of 6 accused
- ACB nabs middleman for taking Rs 20,000 bribe on behalf of Sarpanch
- Gujarat ACB nabs Chief District Medical Officer cum Civil Surgeon taking bribe for nod to liquor permit renewal