Gharwapsi in Congress to start in coming days:DhananiJuly 10, 2018
LoP and senior Congress leader Paresh Dhanai today said that congress party would conduct ‘Gharwapasi’ (home-coming) programme for return of such party leaders in the state who had in the past left Congress for some reason in the coming days.
He also claimed that the by-poll for Jasdan assembly seat in Guajrat vacated by Kunvarji Bavaliya would take place with assembly polls in Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and MP and the Loksabha polls which would also happen before schedule by the end of 2018 and specifically after Dev Diwali (November 22). He said that BJP would do so because it was afraid of imminent defeat.
Addressing a press conference here Dhanai claimed that several leaders of ruling BJP were also in touch with Congress and willing to join it. The party will invite them to join it.
He claimed that by joining BJP, Bavaliya has in a way helped the aggrieved ones get united against it more than his exit has damaged Congress. He also said that Bavaliya has betrayed the people of Jasdan and his defeat in the bypoll there was imminent.
To a query about Congress backed PAAS leader Hardik Patel’s proposed fast unto death, he said that such a step shows the failure of BJP government to address people’s issues.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP