Jews in Gujarat given religious minority statusJuly 11, 2018
Gandhinagar: The government of Gujarat has granted minority status to Jews community members in the State. At present Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsi and Jain community members are included in religious minority.
According to the department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat, Jews in Gujarat will get all benefits that are given to religious minorities under the Indian constitution and as per various rules and laws of Gujarat government. Eligible officer will also issue them a certificate of minority.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP