Smriti Irani to give Rs 1 crore grant for craft village Nirona in KutchJuly 11, 2018
Bhuj: Union textile minister Smriti Irani is likely to adopt the handicraft village of Nirona in Kutch district of Gujarat in order to make it an ideal village. Smriti has chosen to make Nirona a model village due to her special interest in handicraft and craft artists. She will be soon visiting the village to perform ground breaking for Rs 1 crore development works. This information was shared by district collector and local Lok Sabha member Vinod Chavda in a meeting with local villagers.
Nirona village is well known for handicraft arts such as Rogan, Kharki, Lakh, leather and weaving. District collector Remya Mohan in this meeting suggested villagers to form a committee and make a list of development works needed in Nirona village. Various community leaders, Sarpanch, craft artists, government officials, Sarpanch etc will be part of this committee.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP