In pictures: Iconic new railway station of Gandhinagar to be ready by December 31st this yearJuly 17, 2018
Gandhinagar: Railway Board Chairman Lohani during his recent visit to IIM Ahmedabad said that the ongoing Gandhinagar Railway Station Development Project will be completed by December 31st this year. The redeveloped railway station in Gandhinagar is likely to be opened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in January 2019 when he will be in Gandhinagar to attend the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. The ongoing redevelopment project involves development of a 300 room hotel building at air space above railway station tracks. The entire development is first of its kind in India and therefore potential landmark project for entire nation. The project is being executed by Gandhinagar Railway & Urban Development Corporation Ltd (GARUD) which is a Joint Venture company between Government of Gujarat and Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21