Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proposed visit to Gujarat on July 20 postponed: RupaniJuly 17, 2018
Junagadh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proposed visit to Gujarat on July 20th has been postponed, informed Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today. Prime Minister was scheduled to visit Valsad in South Gujarat in the morning, Junagadh in Saurashtra region in the afternoon and Gandhinagar in North Gujarat in the evening. He was to dedicate affordable housing units and launch works for water supply projects in South Gujarat, inaugurate a medical college/hospital in Junagadh and attend convocation function of Gujarat Forensic Science University in Gandhinagar.
Rupani who was on visit to flood-affected Gir Somnath district told media persons that PM’s visit was postponed because Junagadh and Valsad both were highly affected and local administration was busy dealing with the situation.
Rupani also said that Prime Minister was concerned about the situation of excess rain in Gujarat and was in constant touch with the State government through his office.
Rupani said he had postponed his weekly cabinet meeting scheduled to take place on Wednesday(tomorrow) so that ministers can continue to work in flood-affected areas.
- Naliya records second below 10°C temperature in Gujarat this winter
- Congress is doing what Pakistan does: PM Modi speaking on CAB
- Vice President confers President's Police Colours on Gujarat Police
- Freedom of Speech is a joke, tweets Ahmedabad based actress, held in Rajasthan for her video blog on Motilal Nehru
- BAPS Hindu Mandir foundation work begins in Abu Dhabi
- 14 youths nabbed from liquor party on cricket match ground in Gujarat