Vadodara, Surat police also move forward to ensure free parking in commercial propertiesJuly 23, 2018
Vadodara: Vadodara City traffic police has issued notices to several malls and commercial complexes to make parking in their premises free as per the GDCR rules. Vadodara police has taken this action after similar notices were issued in Ahmedabad following which big malls like Ahmedabad One and Himalaya Mall stopped charging for parking.
D-Mart (Makarpura, Vasna Road, Dabhoi Road, Akota, Manjalpur),Inorbit Mall, Central Square Mall, Vadodara Central, Central Bus Depo, Seven Seas Mall, Inox Mall, Deep Multiplex PVR, Pratap Cinema, Prince Cinema, EVA Mall, Vihar Cinema, Alpana Cinema, Cinemarc Multiplex, Galleria Mall, Reliance Mall, Bansal Mall and Multiplex are among commercial properties that are served notices.
Seven Seas mall in Vadodara has already made parking free and stopped charging for parking.
The notice states, ” as per rules it is illegal to collect parking charges but, in-case you have proofs to collect the same, you can submit evidence till 26th of July. If you fail to do so, legal actions would be taken”
In related development, Surat police commissioner has also asked commercial property owners to make parking in their premises for free.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there