Alleged rape case: Bhanushali’s family handed over second summonJuly 26, 2018
The Surat police today handed over second summon to the family members of former MLA Jayatni Bhanushali at his Ahmedabad address asking him to appear at the earliest in the alleged rape case lodged in Sarthana police station of Surat by a lady earlier this month.
A police official today said that the summon was received by the brother of Bhanushali.
If he fails to appear before police, first a bailable then a non bailable warrant would be issued.
The 21 year old divorcee lady had filed the case against 53 year old Bhanusali, who had to get down from the BJP state vice president’s post following allegations that he had raped her when she had approached him for admission in a fashion designing institute.
Divorcee lady’s husband has come before media and said ‘she is into business of blackmail’. He also spoke about politician Chhabil Patel’s link with complainant girl. Chhabil Patel who is political opponent of Bhanushali in Kutch has denied this. Police records show the girl’s name had emerged in another blackmail case over sexual relation involving a Congress politician from Surat. Bhanushali’s lawyer says the video of Bhanushali in circulation with the girl in compromised situation is forged. Police has sent video to Forensic Science Laboratory. Questions are asked that if Bhanushali is innocent, why he appears before police? The lawyer hired by Bhanushali’s relative says Bhanushali’s appearance is not binding at this stage.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja