Rajkot witnessed reduction in crime after citywide CCTV network: PM ModiJuly 28, 2018
Lucknow: Speaking at a function to mark 3rd anniversary of PMAY(U), Amrut and Smart Cities Mission, three flagship schemes launched by his government in urban development sector, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said Rajkot in Gujarat witnessed reduction in crime rate in last two quarters after CCTV camera network installed. PM also mentioned the city of Ahmedabad for increase in number of bus passengers after free WiFi service made available at BRTS stations.
PM also mentioned Bhopal for increase in property tax collection, Vishakhapattnam for online tracking of buses through GPS and CCTV, Pune for 125 emergency call bells installed at various places to contact the nearest police station.PM said various cities in Uttar Pradesh will also get such services.
He said Metro is either functional or soon going to be functional in 12 cities across India including in Lucknow. He remembered former Prime Minister and Lucknow MP Atal Bihar Vajpayee for Delhi Metro project which is replicated elsewhere across India.
PM gave away awards to city Mayors and Municipal Commissioners including the Mayor and Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad in this function which was attended by Mayors and Municipal Commissioners from all over India. PM Modi in his speech said Rs 7000 crore projects are completed under the Smart City Mission while Rs 52000 crore works are speedily going on. He said 11 cities have now integrated command and control centres in operation. This will be further done in 50 more cities.
- Gujarat CM launches ‘Gir cow gold milk’ distribution in Rajkot
- Guidelines for appointment in LCBs and duties issued for first time in Gujarat
- Water level of Sardar Sarovar dam increases by almost half a meter in a day
- Met extends heavy rain warning, parts of Gujarat see light to moderate rains
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh