Anti Corruption Bureau in Gujarat nabs a town Congress president taking bribe of Rs one lakh from a contractorAugust 10, 2018
The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat police today nabbed red handed Sojitra town Congress president Yogesh J Patel taking a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a contractor in the name of getting his bill passed in the local municipality.
PI ACB of Vadodara Rural unit R N Dave, who led the trap and caught Patel from near a canal near Dali village on Sojitra Tarapur road in Anand district of Central Gujarat, said that 66 year old former member of local municipality and current town president of Congress, a resident of Sojitra itself had asked for Rs 1 lakh 30 thousand from a contractor for getting his bill of 10.91 lakh for construction of the wall of a graveyard, cleared by the president of the party led local body and the chief officer.
He was caught red handed taking a bribe of Rs 1 lakh from the complainant.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP