Gujarat performers in Asian Games 2018 accorded grand welcome at Ahmedabad airportSeptember 06, 2018
Ahmedabad: Winners from Gujarat in Asian Games 2018 – Indonesia including 400×4 relay race gold medalist Sarita Gayakwad were welcomed today morning at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here on their arrival.
Large number of sports enthusiasts from various sports association and Sports University of Gujarat were present to welcome the winners who arrived here from Delhi after meeting the Prime Minister last evening.
The winners were garlanded and placed in open jeeps. Sarita Gaykwad could be seen standing with her parents who are from tribal populated Dang district of South Gujarat. Tribal dances were performed to welcome the players. The whole arrival area of Ahmedabad airport dressed a festive look.
Sports Authority of Gujarat(SAG) officials welcomed Gujarat Asian Games Medalists and Shaktidoot Players: Manav Thakkar, Ankita Raina, Sarita Gaikwad and Harmeet Desai at Ahmedabad airport after their brilliant performance at Asian Games 2018- Indonesia.
- Gujarat ACB nabs Chief District Medical Officer cum Civil Surgeon taking bribe for nod to liquor permit renewal
- Jio furthers its commitment to reduce gender gap in digital adoption
- Thakor Sena core committee put a seal on Alpesh and Jhala's wearing saffron robe in near future
- Acharya Dev Vrat appointed as new Governor of Gujarat
- 6 booked in Kankaria Lake Front amusement ride accident case
- BJP releases manifesto for Junagadh civic election