Rupani launches state level 2nd Kala Mahakumbh – 2018 at RajkotSeptember 14, 2018
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today launched a state level “2nd Kala Mahakumbh – 2018” at Rajkot.
The mega art event has been organized by the state government to fulfil the objectives of preserving the cultural heritage of Gujarat by providing opportunities to artists living even in the remotest area to bring out their talents and to reward them for it.
The success of the Kala Mahakumbh can be gauged by the fact that it has attracted participation through online and offline registrations from nearly 440,000 artisans from every nook and corner of the state, the Chief Minister said in his inaugural speech.
Rupani said that the state government is determined to establish a unique identity of Gujarat in the field of art and to revive the traditional artists and musical instruments which are facing threat of extinction.
The state government has awarded prizes worth of over Rs. 3-crore to the winner artists.
Minister of State for Youth and Cultural Mr. Ishwarsinh Patel said that to encourage and to provide world level platform to the sports persons and artists, the state government has allocated handsome amount of Rs. 600-crore for these purposes.
- Gujarat Solar Power Policy-2015 extended to Dec 31, 2020
- AMC declares 10 more Micro Containment Areas
- ED attaches assets of former Gujarat IAS Sanjay Gupta in Metro Rail scam case
- Gujarat govt asks Universities to conduct online exams of final year and P.G by July 30th, offline by September 30th
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to form a 5-member commission to protect constitutional rights of rightful tribal
- 1605 kV rooftop solar panels to be set up at 140 religious places at a cost of Rs. 3.30 crore