Chargeable parking: Gujarat HC gives interim relief to malls and multiplexesSeptember 20, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court has given interim relief to malls and multiplexes in the State and stayed any criminal action by police against them for collecting parking charges in their premises till September 27. The government has also given assurance for the same to High Court. It should be mentioned that city police in Ahmedabad had asked several malls and multiplexes to stop collecting charges for parking, as collecting such charges was breach of GDCR norms. Some major malls and multiplexes such as Himalaya Mall, Ahmedabad One mall, Citi Gold multiplex etc had stopped collecting charges for parking. Similar orders were issued in Surat and Vadodara also by respective police commissioner office, however some mall and multiplex management from Vadodara had challenges such orders in the High Court. Police had issued orders as increasing number of vehicles were being parked outside the malls and multiplexes due to chargeable parking in premises. Vehicles parked outside were causing traffic issued.
- Hiraba donates Rs. 25,000 from her personal savings to PM Cares fund
- PI suspended in Ahmedabad for overturning vegetable carts
- Another Covid19 patient fully recovered and discharged in Gujarat
- 73 Covid19 cases in Gujarat
- One booked for abusive Whatsapp message for actor Shah Rukh Khan
- 34 including a cleric booked as they gather for Namaz in Rajpipla based Madresa