Chargeable parking: Gujarat HC gives interim relief to malls and multiplexesSeptember 20, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court has given interim relief to malls and multiplexes in the State and stayed any criminal action by police against them for collecting parking charges in their premises till September 27. The government has also given assurance for the same to High Court. It should be mentioned that city police in Ahmedabad had asked several malls and multiplexes to stop collecting charges for parking, as collecting such charges was breach of GDCR norms. Some major malls and multiplexes such as Himalaya Mall, Ahmedabad One mall, Citi Gold multiplex etc had stopped collecting charges for parking. Similar orders were issued in Surat and Vadodara also by respective police commissioner office, however some mall and multiplex management from Vadodara had challenges such orders in the High Court. Police had issued orders as increasing number of vehicles were being parked outside the malls and multiplexes due to chargeable parking in premises. Vehicles parked outside were causing traffic issued.
- Shot for TikTok video, two youths arrested for desecrating idol in a temple in Rajkot
- 9 area removed from micro-containment zone list; 15 including Maninagar Swaminarayan Gaadi added by AMC
- Gujarat govt decides to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority and set up Marine Skill Training Centre
- Gujarat witnesses biggest single-day spike in Covid19 cases detected; Surat continues to record highest cases on the second day
- Priyanka Vadra asked to vacate Sarkari bungalow worth 100s of crores, she is using as private citizen since 1997
- Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan Sansthan's religious head PP Swami hospitalized