Chargeable parking: Gujarat HC gives interim relief to malls and multiplexesSeptember 20, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court has given interim relief to malls and multiplexes in the State and stayed any criminal action by police against them for collecting parking charges in their premises till September 27. The government has also given assurance for the same to High Court. It should be mentioned that city police in Ahmedabad had asked several malls and multiplexes to stop collecting charges for parking, as collecting such charges was breach of GDCR norms. Some major malls and multiplexes such as Himalaya Mall, Ahmedabad One mall, Citi Gold multiplex etc had stopped collecting charges for parking. Similar orders were issued in Surat and Vadodara also by respective police commissioner office, however some mall and multiplex management from Vadodara had challenges such orders in the High Court. Police had issued orders as increasing number of vehicles were being parked outside the malls and multiplexes due to chargeable parking in premises. Vehicles parked outside were causing traffic issued.
- Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Gujarat ATS nabs the two killers near Rajasthan border
- PM meets JP Morgan International Council members
- Banking activities hit in Gujarat due to all India strike of bank unions except SBI and IOB , business worth Rs 15000 crore affected
- Non-seasonal rain in parts of Suarashtra and South & Central Gujarat
- Amit Shah to be on yet another Gujarat visit on October 25-26: Vaghani
- Three sons of a farmer die of drowning in Gujarat