Chargeable parking: Gujarat HC gives interim relief to malls and multiplexesSeptember 20, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court has given interim relief to malls and multiplexes in the State and stayed any criminal action by police against them for collecting parking charges in their premises till September 27. The government has also given assurance for the same to High Court. It should be mentioned that city police in Ahmedabad had asked several malls and multiplexes to stop collecting charges for parking, as collecting such charges was breach of GDCR norms. Some major malls and multiplexes such as Himalaya Mall, Ahmedabad One mall, Citi Gold multiplex etc had stopped collecting charges for parking. Similar orders were issued in Surat and Vadodara also by respective police commissioner office, however some mall and multiplex management from Vadodara had challenges such orders in the High Court. Police had issued orders as increasing number of vehicles were being parked outside the malls and multiplexes due to chargeable parking in premises. Vehicles parked outside were causing traffic issued.
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms
- Honda under its CSR initiative 'Sapno Ki Udan', will provide 100% scholarship to 20 girls for becoming commercial pilots
- L&T Construction led JV secures significant contract for 100 MLD Desalination Plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Six Congress party Councillors in Botad municipality join BJP