Parking charge: Gujarat HC gives partial relief to Mall/multiplexes, no punitive action till October 1September 27, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court today gave partial relief to the mall and multiplex owners in various cities including Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Surat by restraining the state government and concerned Municipal Corporations from any punitive action against them till next date of hearing on October 1 even if they collected charges from vehicles parked in their parking lot.
Hearing a number of PILs clubbed together, Justice Bela Trivedi sought reply from the state government and the Municipal Corporations and fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing.
Notably in the PILs the authority of police commissioner to issue orders prohibiting malls, multiplexes and other commercial buildings from taking parking charges from vehicles has also been challenged.
- Overwhelming response to RIL’s Rights Issue of Rs. 53,124.20 crore; subscribed 1.59 times
- Gujarat Covid-19 latest situation in figures
- PM chairs Cabinet Meeting to give historic boost to Rural India
- AMC serves notice to a private hospital over Covid-19 charges
- Over 64,000 were shifted in South Gujarat in wake of Nisarga Cyclone: State govt
- Maximum Shramik Express trains originated from Gujarat, terminated in UP