Parking charge: Gujarat HC gives partial relief to Mall/multiplexes, no punitive action till October 1September 27, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court today gave partial relief to the mall and multiplex owners in various cities including Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Surat by restraining the state government and concerned Municipal Corporations from any punitive action against them till next date of hearing on October 1 even if they collected charges from vehicles parked in their parking lot.
Hearing a number of PILs clubbed together, Justice Bela Trivedi sought reply from the state government and the Municipal Corporations and fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing.
Notably in the PILs the authority of police commissioner to issue orders prohibiting malls, multiplexes and other commercial buildings from taking parking charges from vehicles has also been challenged.
- State Election Commission of Gujarat announces February 2021 Local body Civic elections programme
- 125th Birth Anniversary of Jhaverchand Meghani to be celebrated across Gujarat
- Gujarat government orders transfers of IPS officers
- In pictures: AMC teams demolish 89 illegal row houses, commercial units in Juhapura
- On eve of Netaji Bose's Jayanti, PM Modi recollects memories of Haripura in Gujarat
- Gujarat government to recruit 100 journalists
- Gujarat govt - Adani sign MoU to set up India's largest multi-model logistic park at Virochannagar near Sanand
- Gujarat Tableau to showcase Modhera Sun Temple in Republic Day Parade in New Delhi