Parking charge: Gujarat HC gives partial relief to Mall/multiplexes, no punitive action till October 1September 27, 2018
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court today gave partial relief to the mall and multiplex owners in various cities including Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Surat by restraining the state government and concerned Municipal Corporations from any punitive action against them till next date of hearing on October 1 even if they collected charges from vehicles parked in their parking lot.
Hearing a number of PILs clubbed together, Justice Bela Trivedi sought reply from the state government and the Municipal Corporations and fixed October 1 as the next date of hearing.
Notably in the PILs the authority of police commissioner to issue orders prohibiting malls, multiplexes and other commercial buildings from taking parking charges from vehicles has also been challenged.
- Air India's subsidiary Alliance Air starts direct Ahmedabad-Kandla flights, terms this route connecting a major port very important one
- PM Narendra Modi's statement at beginning of Winter session of parliament
- Air India, BPC to be sold by March 2020: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde takes oath as Chief Justice of India; his term will end in April 2021
- Ahead of winter session of parliament, PM attends all-party meeting
- Extension works of Ahmedabad Metro Rail up to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar would commence in June – 2020