Traders in Vadodara observe bandh protesting Walmart Flipkart dealSeptember 28, 2018
Vadodara: Members of as many as 40 trade organizations in Vadodara are observing strike today protesting Walmart’s entry in India. The strike is led nationwide by Confederation of All India Traders.
Convener Paresh Parikh said the traders are observing strike today demanding cancellation of Wallmart – Flipkart deal, fresh e-commerce policy and single GST return.
According to Nimesh Mehta, president of The Baroda Grain Merchants Association, small traders contribute 85% to total trade in India and enjoy 45% share in GDP. Global giants want to capture Rs 20 lakh crore retail business in India.
Traders said big companies first offer discount and suffer losses, later when small traders are finished through such tactics, the giant multinational companies enjoy monopoly and increase the prices.
- Reliance Jewels celebrates 12th Anniversary with ‘Aabhar’ collection
- In a surprising 'U' turn, Bhajan singer Hemant Chauhan a day after wearing saffron, claims he had not joined BJP
- Rupani, Nitin, Jadeja to travel to Goa tomorrow to participate in a meeting chaired by HM Amit Shah
- Gujarat cabinet decides to allot 31 hectare land in Waghodia for Rail University at 50% of market price
- Entire claim process under Gujarat Social Group (Public) Accidental Insurance Scheme soon to be online: Govt
- Narmada dam water level at historic 133.19 meter mark at 3 pm on August 21