House and trees collapse due to strong wind and rain in South Gujarat, one deadOctober 02, 2018
Gandhinagar: A child died while some others injured when a portion of a house collapsed due to storm and strong winds in Koswadi village under Dharampur taluka of Valsad district even as light to medium lashed parts of the area and neighbouring Dangs district.
Several trees were also uprooted due to the storm.
As per official figures Ahwa in Dangs had seen around 16 mm (over half an inch) of rain while Waghai had seen 5 mm of rain which poured in the evening.
Some other parts of South Gujarat including Surat witnessed light rain.
- For the first time, bulk export of Agriculture produce from Gujarat to abroad via train
- Images of Bhagwan Ram, Ayodhya Mandir to be beamed at billboards on Times Square
- 1009 new cases of Covid-19 detected in Gujarat in 24 hours
- AMC declares four more Micro Containment Areas, clears one existing
- WHO releases new Chest Imaging Guidance in reference to Covid-19
- Amdavad One Mall at Vastrapur vacated and sealed by AMC for non-compliance of Pandemic rules
- Widespread rainfall forecast for Gujarat on 5-6-7 August
- Government releases SOPs for reopening of gyms and Yoga institutions