Congress MLAs detained during highway blockade in North GujaratOctober 04, 2018
Patan: Police today detained Congress MLA Alpesh Thakor and Ganiben Thakor when they were trying to block Radhanpur highway today after a dharna (sit-in) protest demanding declaration of various areas in their constituency as rain-scarce on the lines of Kutch and parts of Banaskantha.
Alpesh during his protest alleged that the state government in the state was only doing lip-service to the farmers.
He demanded that seven talukas of his assembly constituency Radhanpur be declared as rain-scarce. He said that if the government did not pay heed to the situation of his constituency and its farmers and did not took necessary steps, he would march towards the capital city to shake the corridor of powers.
Notably, a rally under the banner of Bhartiya Kisan Sangh was held in neighbouring Banaskantha demanding declaration of all the talukas of the district as rain-scarce (4 already declared).
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card