Incidents of violence in North Gujarat following Congress MLA’s caste group vs non-Gujaratis twist to rape incidentOctober 04, 2018
Gandhinagar: Following virtually a call against non-Gujaratis living in North Gujarat by Congress MLA and Thakor Sena leader Alpesh Thakor, number of non-Gujaratis settled in North Gujarat were under attack this week. Alpesh had given caste group vs non-Gujaratis twist to an incident of rape of a child involving a non-Gujarati youth as accused in one small village in North Gujarat. Alpesh has early this month already announced bloody agitation and attack on trucks carrying goods from/to Maruti, Honda and other industrial units in North Gujarat post Dussehra, if locals are not given jobs on 80% positions. Following is the list of some of the incidents of crime this week in which non-Gujaratis were on target:
– On Wednesday night, a group of 15 persons on rampage damaged vehicles and stalls of hawkers in Arbudanagar society and Bhavik school area of Chandlodia locality in Ahmedabad.
– Thakor Sena cadres on Tuesday were on march to Himalaya Foods company near Vadnagar in North Gujarat in order to target non-Gujaratis working there. Police booked a group of people, among which 22 were identified by names.
– In another incident, at around 9 pm, Thakor Sena mob entered into Jayprabhu cotton mill near Kotdi village of Vijapura highway area demanding termination of non-Gujaratis working there. Police arrested 23 from the spot and booked a mob of 200 persons. Police lobbed 10 tear gas shells.
– Thakor Sena mob forced closure of Talod yard after breaking its gate. Police has booked 50 including 6 who are identified by names.
– Thakor Sena mobs torched property of Ambarto factory at Galteshwar in Prantij area and ransacked the premises. The mob torched the properties and pelted stone on police jeep. Police lobbed tear gas shells. Among those booked for this crime are Vijaysinh Makwana(Galteshwar), Vinod Makwana(Prantij), Ishwarsinh Rathod(Sadolia), Dipaksinh Parmar(Galteshwar), Prahladji Makwana(Galteshwar), Sanjaysinh Makwana, Kanusinh Makwana, Lakshmansinh Makwana from Galteshwar, Prakash alias Tihlo, Popatsinh Rathod, Pintusinh Rathod from Anodia village of Mansa taluka and a mob of 80-90 persons.
– A mob entered into premises of Stuti Pipes factory on Talod road and issued threats with sticks in hands. Police has booked 11, five of whom are detained from the spot who are identified as Khodsinh Makwana, Sadhusinh Makwana, Vipulsinh Makwana, Jilusinh Makwana, Rajusinh Makwana. Those yet to be nabbed were Ganpatsinh, Gumansinh, Vijaysinh, Vikramsinh, Rahulsinh and Ajmelsinh Makwana.
– At Uvarsad, Thakor Sena cadres issued threat to non-Gujaratis to vacate the houses in village and leave. Seven to eight non-Gujarati families who are into business of Pani Puri left their homes and fled from village. Villages including Harsol, Tajpur, Rozad and Majra observed bandh.
– Thakor Sena announced strike in Kheralu town on Thursday. In Unjha, police booked 100 persons for illegal assembly in Unjha.
– Flag march of local police and State Reserve Police(SRP) was held in Mansa and Dahegam towns of North Gujarat. A rally was organized at Lihoda demanding removal of non-Gujaratis settled in the area.
– Police booked ten including two juveniles for beating up non-Gujaratis working in cold storage and other factories on Dahegam – Bayad highway. Local Shivam cold storage had called police following which Rakhal police had rushed with SRP jawans and took help of Dahegam police. Gandhinagar SOG, LCB, DySP had alos rushed to the place and detained ten including Rakesh Rupaji Thakor, Kalpesh Ambalal Thakor, Sanjay Kodarsinh Zala, Mahesh Janakbhai Trivedi, Alpesh Dalpatsinh Zala, Rahul Jaydipsinh Zala, Pravinsinh Jivsinh Zala, Vishal Jitendrasinh Zala and two juveniles.
– Police has booked 22 for attack on two persons from Bihar in Universal factory in Harsol in Talod taluka of Sabarkantha district in North Gujarat. Congress MLA and AICC Secretary for Bihar Congress Alpesh Thakor led Thakor Sena cadres had rushed to factory with sticks etc in hand and issued threat to torch the factory if non-Gujarati workers are continued in job. In response to a complaint filed by factor’s Abhishek Prajapati, police booked 30 including Jashwantsinh Udesinh Zala, Dalpatsinh Somsinh Zala, Devusinh Lakshmansinh Zala, Dilipsinh Udesing Zala, Amratsinh Shivsinh Zala, Ajitsinh Mohatsinh Zala, Shaileshsinh Babusinh, Lalsinh Zala, Udesinh Zala, Pravinsinh Amarsinh Zala, Mukeshsinh Kansinh Zala, Vijaysinh Kantisinh Zala, Champaksinh Amarsinh Makwana, Lalsinh Ramsinh Zala, Rajusinh Pratapsinh Zala, Sajjansinh Keshrisinh Zala, Dinusinh Lakshmansinh Zala, Arvindsinh Makwana, Cheharsinh Amarsinh Makwana, Dalpatsinh Jagatsinh Rathod, Virusinh Bhupendrasinh Makwana etc. Four of them were detained.
– Markets in Vadagam in Dhansura belt observed strike to make pressure on local mines that employ non-Gujarati labourers.
– Messages were circulated in social media to kick out the non-Gujarati workers from industrial units of Chhatral, Santej, Khatraj and Motibhoyan in Kalol belt following which police bandobast was arranged in the area.
– Local cold storage association from Ridrol village of Mansa taluka submitted a memorandum before Mamlatdar office following an incident of attack on Vaikunth cold storage late in the night at 10 pm by a group of 15-20 persons. A group with sticks in hand started beating up non-Gujarati workers including Sohanlal Harilal Chaudhary, Dhiren Ramchandra and Lagdhirsinh Mensi. Those injured were treated and police complaint was filed. Cold storage association submitted memorandum to local MLA Suresh Patel, Mansa Mamlatdar and Mansa police station and sought protection.
– A mob attacked Oracle Ceramic industry unit on Himmatnagar – Talod highway near Gadhoda village, pelted stones and attacked vehicles and office. Mob was shouting slogans that Biharis should be kicked out from job. Two staff members were beaten up and Rs 3,650 cash and Rs 500 valued telephone were taken away. Alto car’s glass and police vehicle glass was broken and loss worth Rs 12,00 was caused. Himmatnagar ‘A’ division police booked 150-200 mob including 19 who were identified. Police had to lob teargas shells and do lathicharge to prevent further damage to company premises. Among those booked are Ajmelsinh Kachrusinh Parmar, Amichand Emtaji Parmar, Rakesh Umedji Parmar, Dhiraj Rajusinh Parmar, Mahesh alias Manojbhai Medji Parmar, Shambhuji Ranaji Parmar, Bipinkumar Ranchhodbhai Parmar, Ashik Amichandbhai Parmar, Vipulsinh Popatsinh Parmar, Ashokji Kalaji Parmar, Vanrajsinh Ramsinh Parmar, Ajaysinh Rasiksinh Parmar, Vilusinh Popatsinh Parmar, Rameshshinh Kunvarji Parmar, Vanrajsinh Rajusinh Parmar, Umedji Shankarji Parmar, Bhalo alias Kalpeshji Umedji Parmar, Chandansinh alias Bhuro Nensinh Parmar, Himmatsinh Nensinh Parmar and Moyad based Vinusinh Badarsinh Chauhan.
– Kalol police has nabbed Pravinji Natuji thakor(Pansar) Jagdish Vishnu Raval, Vijayji Mathurji Thakor, Bharatji Bhalaji Thakor, Kiranji Bhalaji Thakor, Chunthaji Ataji Thakor,Arjunji Babuji, Pankajji Sahdevji, Arvindji Babuji, Vijayji Kalaji, Mukeshji Kantiji, Ajmalji Vinoji, Dashrathji Vasaji Thakor among others.
– Kadi’s Sujatpura road based Vikram Satyendrasinh Rana lives in Aum bungalows on rent. He works at Prince Constructionin Delvada near Detroj. On Saturday night he was returning from his job. He was sitting after dinner when two unidentified persons came and started threatening him calling him a non-Gujarati. Vikram Rana was attacked after argument. As people from neighborhood arrived, the two persons left the place after stating that if the house was not vacated, he would be killed. Vikrama Rana rushed to Kadi police station and filed complaint. Police has provided security to Vikram Rana.
– Mobs from Himmatpur and Tejpura villages barged into Unitech Cotspin factory in Himmatpur village survey number 36-39 on Idar-Himmatnagar highway at 8 pm when shift was over. Non Gujarati labourers were issued threats by a mob. When company’s general manager Bachchusingh Shivsingh Chaudhary intervened he was attacked with stick. When informed, company owner Aditya Mahendrabhai Patel and Sureshbhai Patel rushed to company premises and took those injured to hospital in Himmatnagar.
– A mob attacked Prince Spiners and Prince Pretex Pvt Ltd company at Bavla – Bagodara highway, damaged property demanding non-Gujaratis to be removed from jobs.
– A candle march was organized in Surendranagar during which some stone pelting was witnessed. Those in rally demanded 80 Bengali workers working in Perfect salt industry of Kharaghoda to be kicked out from jobs.
– Glass of a private police vehicle was damaged due to stone pelting in Saeej area of Kalol when mob was going to attack migrants.
It should be mentioned here that Congress leader, MLA and Bihar Congress AICC Secretary Alpesh Thakor had in his live Facebook talk which had over two lakh views mentioned a word ‘par prantiya'(non-Gujarati) for rape incident accused arrested by police for raping a 14-month girl child in Dhundhar village of Himmatnagar taluka.
‘People from outside are employed in Gujarat and therefore such incidents take place’, Alpesh Thakor said in video.
‘I am Senapati of an army of lions’, he also said in this video.
Thakor also said, ‘I know how to separate legs from body of anyone.’
Thakor said, ‘our Thakor Sena cadres have shown their power.’
In same Facebook video, Alpesh Thakor tells that Tata Nano factory’s gate needs to be removed.
Even while making announcement of live video, Alpesh Thakor had mentioned a word ‘par prantiya’ (non-Gujarati) in his post and thus twisted a crime incident into Thakor community and Gujaratis vs non Gujaratis.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card