No migration of Lions from Gir; Lions are safe in Gujarat: Gujarat CMOctober 07, 2018
Rajkot: Referring to recent deaths of as many as 23 lions due to various illness in Gir forest, Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani today told media persons in Junagadh that with the help of high-level experts a survey of health of lions,living in Gir and its surrounding areas, and task of taking their blood samples were conducted and there was no need to worry as all the health reports were negative.
The Chief Minister further stated that for securing the health of the lions in future an administration has been setup for faster diagnose and treatment. Lions are very much safe and secure in Gujarat and they would not be migrated.
In further assurance, Rupani said that Gujarat Government is determined for protection of lions. And showing utmost concerned for the health of lions vaccinations have been imported on priority basis from the USA. All level of works is being carried out in coordination among the officials of the forest department, medical teams, and government of India. In reference to the health of Lions, the situation in Gir is under-control.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here