RoPax vessel Voyage Symphony docked at Ghogha for Dahej-Ghogha Ro-Ro ferry serviceOctober 11, 2018
Bhavnagar: RoPax vessel Voyage Symphony has been docked at Ghogha jetty for Dahej-Ghogha ro-ro ferry service which is likely to start this month. The vessel was docked at Okha port for last few months after its arrival from South Korea due to monsoon period. It was brought to Ghogha jetty and docked without assistance of tug last evening. The RoPax service was to be launched with this new vessel on October 12(tomorrow). However due to break down in holding portion of jetty at Dahej, the service even if launched tomorrow, will actually connect Dahej and Ghogha later this month after repair work at Dahej jetty is completed. About a year ago, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated Dahej – Ghogha passenger ferry service. Due to rough sea, the service was given a break during monsoon. Post-monsoon the service will start again with introduction of new vessel which will be able to carry not just passengers but also vehicles including trucks and buses.
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP