Another Congress leader in Gujarat arrested for spreading hate against non-Gujaratis on social mediaOctober 13, 2018
Ahmedabad/Patan: Another Congress leader in Gujarat has been nabbed for posting instigating message on social media against non-Gujaratis.
Ahmedabad Crime Branch Cyber cell in-charge ACP J S Gedam today said that spokesperson of Patan district Congress Sumit Thakor has been arrested from Patan in connection with putting instigating messages on Facebook during the violence against non-Gujratis.
He said that Sumit has not posted any video but only written instigating comments against migrant people like throw them out.
Detailed investigation is on. He has been booked under Section 153 and some others sections of the IPC and section 67 and 65c of the IT Act .
He said that so far 45 persons have been arrested by the cyber cell under similar charges. These were from among 114 accused identified for the same so far.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card