Malls, multiplexes owners not ready to allow first hour of parking for free, challenge single judge verdictOctober 23, 2018
Ahmedabad: Some mall and multiplex owners have challenged the single judge verdict of Gujarat High Court in chargeable parking case and moved division bench of two judges by filling a revision plea. Single Judge verdict had allowed malls and multiplexes to charge for parking in their premises in limit of maximum Rs 30 per day for four-wheelers and Rs 10 per day for two-wheelers and allow first hour of parking for free for both two-wheeler and four-wheeler. Single judge verdict had also directed the state government to come up with parking policy and amendment in rules. A group of owners of malls and multiplex claim they were not heard before verdict in which first hour of parking was allowed for free.
- Gujarat govt. release 855 ha land in Surat city from 201 reservations
- Over 150 suffer from burning sensation and watering of eyes in Rajkot due to strong lighting in marriage event
- Air Quality Index in Ahmedabad deteriorates, in the range of orange to red level
- Governor recommends President's rule in Maharashtra; President signs order
- Prime Minister on Brazil visit
- Ban on use of mobile phone during duty by traffic policemen in Ahmedabad-West