Gujarat’s first Food Agro Infrastructure Mega Food Park at Mangrol in Surat districtOctober 29, 2018
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today inaugurated the state’s first ‘Food Agro Infrastructure Mega Food Park’, jointly built by Central and Gujarat Governments at a cost of Rs.120-crore on 70-acre plot, at Shah Village in Mangrol taluka in Surat district.
Speaking on the occasion, Rupani said that these mega food parks are being set up for value addition to the crops and double farmers’ income as per the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This involves framing farmers-friendly agro policy, improving the marketing network.
He said that 600 cold storages have been built in the state during last ten years, initiated several steps like increasing irrigation capacity, loan facility, 24×7 electricity supply, Krishi Mahotsav, etc.He expected Rs.5,000-cr investment in food industries during Vibrant Gujarat Summit-2019.
Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said that Punjab has old relation with Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel’s Gujarat. She said that it was due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative that mega food parks are being set up, two in Gujarat in Surat and Mehsana. There is also plan to build 18 cold storages, 13 food testing labs, one mini food park and seven backward-forward linkages in the state. The government offers Rs.10-cr assistance for cold storage, Rs.5-cr for processing unit and Rs.35-cr for mini food parks.
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and Gujarat’s Tribal Development Minister Ganpat Vasava also spoke on the occasion. They took round of the mega food park.
- Rupani urges urban authorities to restore rain damaged roads before Diwali
- India’s First-Ever Institute Of Chemical Engineering And Technology To Be Setup In Gujarat
- Water level in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam touches 133 meters mark for the first time
- BJP councillor arrested in Surat for slapping SMC staffer
- SpiceJet to shift its entire operations at Mumbai to Terminal 2 from October 1
- Gujarat govt set up State Yog Board, appoints Ramdev disciple Shishpal as chairman