Modi – Abe review with satisfaction the progress made in Mumbai – Ahmedabad bullet train projectOctober 30, 2018
Gandhinagar: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe during their meeting in Japan reviewed the progress made on the Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project, reads a joint vision statement issued after their meetings.
India and Japan exchanged notes of loan agreement for project for the construction of Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail(bullet train) during Prime Minister Modi’s Japan visit.
Relevant portion of the joint statement reads: ‘Prime Minister Modi expressed his appreciation for the significant contribution of Japan’s ODA to the socio-economic development of India. Prime Minister Abe expressed Japan’s intention to continue to support India’s efforts for social and industrial development, including through key quality infrastructure projects and capacity building. The two leaders reviewed with satisfaction the progress made, including the signing of the Exchange of Notes for yen loan, on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project, which is an important symbol of India-Japan collaboration marked by the 75th anniversary of India’s independence. They also welcomed the continued cooperation on Metro Projects which support smarter development of Indian cities. India further appreciated Japan’s role in promoting connectivity through quality infrastructure projects such as the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor and the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor.’
- HSBC to set up IFSC Banking Unit at GIFT City Gujarat
- PM Modi interacts with Google CEO Sundar Pichai ahead of $10 billion India Digitation Fund announcement by Google
- AMC hikes fine for spitting and mask rule violation
- Indian Army to order 72,000 assault rifles from America through Fast Track Procedure
- 138 land plots at GIDC, Chhatar Mittanna, Tankara to be allocated by e-draw through video conferencing
- 3 Months Extension for Re import of Cut and Polished Diamonds