PM to dedicate Statue of Unity amidst chanting of mantras at 9.30 amOctober 30, 2018
Ahmedabad, Monday: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate the Statue of Unity to the nation as a symbol of United India at Kevadia Colony in Narmada district on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary on October 31, 2018 at 9.30 a.m. amidst chanting of mantras for Ganesh and Narmada.
Modi will then offer holy water as prayer and light the ceremonial lamp at the foot of the world’s tallest statue to mark the event.
A number of dignitaries will remain present on the occasion, including Gujarat Governor O.P. Kohli, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, Bharatiya Janata President Amit Shah, Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel, Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala and Gujarat’s Deputy Chief Minister Nitinbhai Patel, among others.
The statue is expected to stand out as a unique identity of India which took shape in the land of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel in Gujarat.
- ATS nabs serial killer wanted for killing 3 in Gujarat
- Met issues fresh heavy rainfall warning for parts of Gujarat for next 4 days
- Water level of the Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam receding again after touching the historic FRL mark of 138.68 meter for the first time
- Will bring Indian envoys here for annual meet, this is start of New India: EAM S Jaishankar at Statue of Unity
- Full Reservoir Level 138.68 m achieved for the first time ever in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam, the lifeline of Gujarat
- Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam 99.56% full at 1 pm today, Just 13 cm below over-flow mark