Sedition case: Court issues non-bailable warrant against PAAS leader Dinesh BambhaniyaNovember 02, 2018
Ahmedabad:A local court here today issued non bailable warrant (NBW) against PAAS leader Dinesh Bhambhaniya for his remaining absent during the hearing of the sedition case lodged by crime branch in October 2015 here in connection with the violence after the Patidar quota rally.
The other two of total four accused Hardik Patel and Chirag Patel were also present. Ketan Patel another co-accused had turned approver earlier on while the fourth accused Alpesh Kathiria arrested in August this year was in Judicial custody in jail.
Public prosecutor Sudhir Brahambhatt said that the court of ADJ D P Mahida rejected the plea of Dinesh which claimed that he should be exempted from physical appearance in the wake of his father’s illness.
Brahambhatt said that he also objected to his non-appearance as it seemed that on or the other accused were intentionally remaining absent to delay the proceedings of charge-framing.
‘Now police could arrest Bambhaniya anytime to produce him in the court if he did not surrender at his own. The next date of the hearing in the case is November 20,’ he informed.
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi to leave for week-long America visit today
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor