Prime Minister meets First Lady of the Republic of KoreaNovember 06, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with H. E. Mrs. Kim Jung-sook, First Lady of the Republic of Korea on Monday.
First Lady Kim is visiting India at the invitation of Prime Minister Modi. She will be the Chief Guest at the Deepotsav event being organized by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh and the ground-breaking ceremony of the new Memorial of Queen Suriratna (Heo Hwang-ok) in Ayodhya on 6 November 2018. Ayodhya and Korea have a deep historical connection through the legendary Princess Suriratna of Ayodhya, who traveled to Korea in 48 CE and married Korean King Suro.
In their meeting today, the Prime Minister and First Lady Kim discussed the deep civilizational and spiritual links between India and Korea, and exchanged views on promoting people-to-people exchanges.
First Lady Kim congratulated the Prime Minister on being awarded the Seoul Peace Prize. The Prime Minister said that this honour truly belongs to the people of India.
The Prime Minister also warmly recalled the successful visit of President Moon Jae-in to India in July 2018, which imparted fresh momentum to India-Republic of Korea Special Strategic Partnership.
- Thank you my friend, America loves India: Trump replies Modi's greetings
- 04 areas removed, 19 added to Micro Containment Areas list of AMC
- Highest one-day increase of Covid19 cases in Gujarat
- AMC announces criteria for redevelopment of societies
- Stemcell and Kidney hospitals in Surat, once constructed, will be used as Covid hospitals
- PM Modi urges tech community to take up homegrown apps challenge