3 Krishna idols stolen from Swaminarayan Temple in LondonNovember 12, 2018
London: Three precious Krishna idols (Hari Krishna brass murtis) dating back to the 1975 were among the items stolen in a burglary at a Willesden Temple of Swaminarayan sect in north London borough of Brent in the early hours of Friday, just hours after Diwali festivities at the temple according to the temple authorities. Scotland Yard officers were called. A case of burglary has been registered.
Cash and other items are believed to have been stolen,” the Metropolitan Police statement said, adding that no arrests have been made in the case.The temple authorities fear the robbers may have mistaken them for gold and hope they would be returned as they are more precious to the community than in terms of their monetary value.
- 248 latest detected Covid19 cases in Ahmedabad
- રાજ્યના ખેડૂતોના ટુંકી મુદતના પાક ધિરાણ પરત ભરપાઈ કરવાની સમય મર્યાદા વધુ ૩ મહિના વધારાઇ
- Gujarat Covid19 case total 15,944; new 372 cases in 24 hours: State government
- Renown astrologer Bejan Daruwala passes away in a hospital in Gujarat
- Gujarat HC orders 10% cut in the rate fixed for Covid19 treatment in private hospitals
- Fire breaks out in Sakar 7 building on Ashram Road, one person dead, 35 rescued