Decision to wind up GLDC office not correct: Gujarat CongressNovember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress President Amit Chavda today said that the decision of the Gujarat government to wind up the state land development corporation was not correct.
Chavda said that the decision to wind up the corporation was not correct as it would deprive the farmers from various benefits.
He alleged that this step shows that the BJP was trying to cover up the corruption during its regime.
Notably, the state government has taken in principal decision to wind-up the office of the GLDC in Gandhinagar and shift the staff and duties to various related departments. Agriculture minister R C Faldu said that the responsibilities of the corporation would be given to other related departments.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police had raided the office of the corporation April this year and seized cash worth over Rs 50 lakh from there. Many of its senior officials including the MD were later arrested in this connection.
- No need to go to RTO for these services; Govt issues notification
- Vice President to lay foundation stone for 500-bed Nirali Multi-specialty Hospital in Navsari
- ACB Gujarat nabs Assistant Engineer in Surat in Rs. 15,000 bribe case
- Bengaluru, Pune, Ahmedabad best cities in Ease of Living Index 2020 (Million Plus Category)
- Twitter Trend #WeWantKarnavati demands for renaming ‘Ahmedabad’ as ‘Karnavati’
- 3rd day of Budget session to witness introduction of non-Govt bills
- AMC announces more Micro Containment Zones in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat completes vaccination of over 10 lakh persons