Decision to wind up GLDC office not correct: Gujarat CongressNovember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress President Amit Chavda today said that the decision of the Gujarat government to wind up the state land development corporation was not correct.
Chavda said that the decision to wind up the corporation was not correct as it would deprive the farmers from various benefits.
He alleged that this step shows that the BJP was trying to cover up the corruption during its regime.
Notably, the state government has taken in principal decision to wind-up the office of the GLDC in Gandhinagar and shift the staff and duties to various related departments. Agriculture minister R C Faldu said that the responsibilities of the corporation would be given to other related departments.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police had raided the office of the corporation April this year and seized cash worth over Rs 50 lakh from there. Many of its senior officials including the MD were later arrested in this connection.
- Shot for TikTok video, two youths arrested for desecrating idol in a temple in Rajkot
- 9 area removed from micro-containment zone list; 15 including Maninagar Swaminarayan Gaadi added by AMC
- Gujarat govt decides to form Bet Dwarka Island Development Authority and set up Marine Skill Training Centre
- Gujarat witnesses biggest single-day spike in Covid19 cases detected; Surat continues to record highest cases on the second day
- Priyanka Vadra asked to vacate Sarkari bungalow worth 100s of crores, she is using as private citizen since 1997
- Maninagar Gaadi Swaminarayan Sansthan's religious head PP Swami hospitalized