Decision to wind up GLDC office not correct: Gujarat CongressNovember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress President Amit Chavda today said that the decision of the Gujarat government to wind up the state land development corporation was not correct.
Chavda said that the decision to wind up the corporation was not correct as it would deprive the farmers from various benefits.
He alleged that this step shows that the BJP was trying to cover up the corruption during its regime.
Notably, the state government has taken in principal decision to wind-up the office of the GLDC in Gandhinagar and shift the staff and duties to various related departments. Agriculture minister R C Faldu said that the responsibilities of the corporation would be given to other related departments.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police had raided the office of the corporation April this year and seized cash worth over Rs 50 lakh from there. Many of its senior officials including the MD were later arrested in this connection.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card