Decision to wind up GLDC office not correct: Gujarat CongressNovember 14, 2018
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress President Amit Chavda today said that the decision of the Gujarat government to wind up the state land development corporation was not correct.
Chavda said that the decision to wind up the corporation was not correct as it would deprive the farmers from various benefits.
He alleged that this step shows that the BJP was trying to cover up the corruption during its regime.
Notably, the state government has taken in principal decision to wind-up the office of the GLDC in Gandhinagar and shift the staff and duties to various related departments. Agriculture minister R C Faldu said that the responsibilities of the corporation would be given to other related departments.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of Gujarat police had raided the office of the corporation April this year and seized cash worth over Rs 50 lakh from there. Many of its senior officials including the MD were later arrested in this connection.
- Withdrawal of monsoon from Gujarat delayed for 9 th consecutive year, no signs of it happening anytime soon
- Crime Branch-ATS nab one from Ahmedabad airport in year 2003 Jihadi conspiracy case
- Live: Howdy Modi community summit - from Houston, America
- Depression off Gujarat coast to intensify but move away towards Oman
- Gujarat to end use of Non Judicial Physical Stamps from October 1: Revenue Minister
- PM Narendra Modi in Houston, America