PM Modi to dedicate first phase of Smriti Van Kutch Earthquake Memorial at Bhujiyo hill in Bhuj in January 2019: RupaniNovember 19, 2018
Bhuj: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Smriti Van project at Bhujiyo hill in district headquarters Bhuj in Kutch in upcoming month of January.
Rupani denied that there was any shortage of money for the project.
Replying questions asked by media persons, he said that works were going on for last five years for this project which is spread across 175 acres area. He said the first phase would be over soon and Prime Minister will come to Kutch to inaugurate it in January 2019.
Smriti Van project was conceived by then Gujarat Chief Minister and current Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The memorial at Bhujio hill is being built in memory of those 13,805 persons who died in year 2001 earthquake, epicentre of which was in Kutch.
Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority(GSDMA) has given Rs 155 crore for this project of which Rs 77.38 crore sum has been spent. A boundary wall around hill, pond, sun point, pathway and landscape works, amenities box, pose point, gate, cabin, construction of museum building, road etc works have been completed so far. Restoration work for old fort wall over Bhujiya hill is going on. Overall size of the project is 470 acre.
- AMC teams seal eateries for violation of Covid19 pandemic related rules
- Hakubha denies nexus with wanted mafia Jayesh alias Jaysukh; Nathwani posts indicative tweet; another Audio of mafia Jayesh comes to light
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 22
- PM Modi makes strong pitch for India's inclusion as permenent member of UNSC
- No State level Navratri Mahotsav this year by Gujarat government
- BJP chief JP Nadda announces National Office Bearers of Party; Bhavnagar MP Bhartiben Shiyal made Vice President
- Bills passed in recently concluded Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly 2020
- Ahead of assembly seat by-poll, three taluka panchayat members join BJP in Dang